Terms and Conditions for using Act and Speak Scripts
If you download a script from www.actandspeak.com, you may:
- Print out the entire PDF document for yourself and make copies for all your students
- Use the script with your groups of students to teach English and to produce non-commercial educational performances for unlimited time.
- Make changes in the script in order to make it suit your group (simplifying it, making it more demanding, changing the gender of the characters, adding extra characters etc.)
- Make a video of the performance for private non-commercial purposes, and allow other people to make videos of the performance for private and non-commercial purposes. Private non-commercial purposes include screening the videos at home or in the classroom. It does not include distributing the videos via the internet, not even in closed groups on social media, making them publicly accessible, or selling them. If you or someone else want to share your video via the internet, publish your video on the internet or anywhere else or if you want to screen the video at a public event, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you download a script from www.actandspeak.com, you must:
- Make sure the title of the play and the author’s name are displayed on all copies of the script used by you, your students, your co-teachers and all other participants.
- Make sure the title of the play and the author’s name are displayed on all forms of advertising and promotional material (poster, flyer, programme, social media, website and so on.)
- Inform all students about the terms and conditions of using the scripts, especially of the fact that it is not allowed to make a copy of the script or let anyone make copies, scan the script or let anyone scan it, or make the script available to anyone in any other way. The students are very welcome to refer anyone who expresses interest in the resources to www.actandspeak.com, where they can download the script for their own use.
- Inform everyone who watches the performance or a rehearsal that while they are welcome to film the show, they must not make their videos or parts of them publicly available, otherwise they will be breaking the law.
If you download a script from www.actandspeak.com, you must not:
- Share the script electronically with anyone. The only person who has the electronic version is you.
- Give copies of the script or parts of it to anyone except the students in the group and, if applicable, your co-teacher or other people involved in working with the script (e. g. technical support).
- Enable anyone to make copies of the script, scan the script, or to obtain the script in any other way. You are the only person who may copy the script and distribute it to your students and other people working with it. If you work at a school and another teacher wants to use the script with a different group of students, please refer them or the school to www.actandspeak.com where they can download their own script.
- Sell the script or any part of it.
- Present the script or parts of it as your own. In case you make more significant changes to the script to suit your group and you wish to give yourself a credit in the program or on the poster, please use “adapted by”.
- Publish a video or videos of the performance on the internet, distribute the video(s) via the internet, make them publicly accessible, or sell them. If you want to publish your video on the internet or anywhere else or if you want to screen the video at a public event, please contact me directly at email@example.com.
Downloading scripts from www.actandspeak.com automatically comes with a free licence for non-commercial performances. Since we want the materials to bring learning and joy to many different groups of students and we want to make teachers’ lives easier, the license is neither limited by time, nor by the number of performances. However, the license is exclusive to the person in whose name it has been issued.
The information you enter into the online form includes your name, country, city, and your teaching context. We store this information in order to keep track of what teachers and organizations have been granted the licence to use our resources. The information you provide is seen by our website administrator. We do not share the information with anyone, we do not use it to promote our products or inform you about them. You have the right to know what data we hold about you, the right to have any errors in that data corrected, and the right to have data deleted in case you do not wish to use the script any longer. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to communicate your request.